Definitions and interpretation
- Data: collectively all information that you submit to Hangar18MV Ltd via the website or associated services or any data that is automatically collected, such as your IP address, browser information and referrer. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the data protection laws.
- Cookies: A small text file placed on your computer by this website or associated service when you visit or access our website or service. Details of the cookies used by this website and associated services are set out in the “cookies” clause below.
- Data Protection Laws: Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK.
- GDPR: The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
- Hangar18MV Ltd, we or us: Hangar18MV Ltd, a company incorporated in Wales with registered number 07098534 whose registered office is at 50 Plymouth Street, Swansea, SA1 3QQ.
- UK and EU Cookie Law: The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
- User or you: Any third party that access the website or associated services and is not either (i) employed by Hangar18MV Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Hangar18MV Ltd and accessing the website or associated services in connection with the provision of such services.
- Website: The website you are currently using, https://station18.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- Associated services: Our list of associated services include our web-based media player (https://player.station18.co.uk), our android app (LINK TO PLAY STORE) and our iOS app (LINK TO APPLE STORE)
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it
For the purposes of the applicable data protection laws, Hangar18MV Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that Hangar18MV Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
We may collect the following data, which includes personal data, from you:
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this website and associated services and the site you exist to (automatically collected)
How we collect data
We collect data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you
- Data is collected automatically
Data that is given to us by you
Hangar18MV Ltd will collect your data in a number of ways, for example:
- When you contact us through the website, using an associated service or by telephone, post, e-mail or any other means
- When you enter a competition or promotion through our website, associated service or social media platforms
- When you elect to receive marketing communications from us
- When ou use our services
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the website or associated service, we will collect your data automatically, for example:
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the website or when you access an associated service. This information helps us to make improvements to the website or associated service and includes your IP address, the data, times and frequency with which you access the website and associated services and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of data
Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website or associated services. Specifically, data may be used by use for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improvement of our products and services
- Transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you
- Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the website and associated services.
We may use your data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via email, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft opt-in:
- Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product or service, and we are marketing similar products or services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
Who we share data with
We may share your data with the following groups for the following reasons:
- Relevant authorities: To facilitate the detection of crime
Keeping data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you
- Data sent back and fourth between you and our website and associated services is encrypted using relevant standards.
- We store your data on secure servers.
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by the HM Government and leading businesses.
Event if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
Your have the following rights to your data:
- Right to access: the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct: The right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase: The right to request that we delete or remove your data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your data: The right to “block” us from using your data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability: The right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data.
- Right to object: The right to object to our use of your data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk.
It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or mission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Hangar18MV Ltd via our “contact us” page https://station18.co.uk/contact.
Last updated: 12th January 2021